Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Broken China Jewelry In My Etsy Shop & Goals For 2017

Hello friends! I hope 2017 has been off to a great start for each of you! I started my year off with a dose of creative inspiration with a visit to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and if you missed my blog post about it, be sure to check it out here! 

I am so grateful for the opportunities and challenges I've had in 2016, and it really has been a year of creative transformation! I am once again deciding what I am going to do for 2017. As I did last year, I am still considering the possibility of a third book, putting some ideas together for a few more jewelry or craft DVDs, and once again jumping head first into creating new designs for 2017! 

I love exploring different areas of design, and in 2016 became absolutely engrossed with illustrating for fun. I was thrilled to find that my original designs that I created from pen and ink illustrations have been selling well as a variety of home decor products on Society6, so I will certainly be doing more drawing and painting in 2017!


On the flipside, I am making a few small personal goals for 2017 that are things like trying to eat more vegetables, make sure I get more sleep (I absolutely love working late into the night but unfortunately it just doesn't mesh well with having to get up at 6:30 in the morning!), and of course, staying more organized in my workshop.

Here are the latest pieces of jewelry that I have listed in my Etsy shop. I know some of you like to see these enlarged photos, so I try to get them up here on the blog every now and again. 


A word about the piece above - I am in LOVE with this necklace - it is a larger sized statement necklace that I made from an antique Art Nouveau Flow Blue plate that was broken to pieces. (2 & 2/3" by 2 & 3/8", sterling silver chain.) 


Oh, wait! I thought of another goal for 2017. I am determined to get my sewing machine out and sew lots of stuff. :) Not sure exactly what yet, but I really could use new kitchen curtains so I think I am going to start there. Maybe after that I will think of something fantastical and creative to create!


Click each image to be taken to my shop for more details and purchasing information. 








Valentine's Day is coming soon! All items shown below are available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns


What are your goals for 2017?  



Have a great week!
love,
 Laura